Friday July 29th, 2005|
More Dimpling/Deburring on the Fuselage
Today I started out by deburring/dimpling the aft fuselage. This took a little while because of the lap-joint
Next I decided to slightly modify the aft baggage side walls by using solid AN426AD3 rivets instead of the pop-rivets called for in the plans. I'm doing this because the plans call for three pop rivets. When I clecoed this part together, it seemed that the edges of the baggage wall wanted to peel up, so I decided to use the solid rivets with 1 inch spacing instead. Jaime got home from the left coast so we spent the rest of the evening together. My goal is to have the fuselage parts primed this weekend...but I still need to go and pickup my self-etching aerosol for the visible parts of the cabin.