Monday January 9th, 2006|
Started Painting Interior Components
Today I decide to try my hand at painting. WOW! I did much better on this stuff than I thought I was going to. Pretty simple stuff...you've just gotta dive into it head first and try it out. I did have a problem at first with the paint spraying 'spider webs'. I knew from my experience with the SW P60G2 primer that my problem was not enough reducer. I reduced it a little more and voila...everything was perfect.
I got a pretty good, glossy shine. There's some orange peel but it's nothing to get in a fuss over. You can see the reflection of my mountain bike hanging on the wall. This piece is the side cover that hides the flap actuator/pushrod and rudder cable.
This is the center channel for the baggage compartment.
And the forward pushrod cover.
And the top baggage bulkhead. I'm actually going to need to sand down the bottom of this part. I almost dropped it when it was getting tacky and it hit my shirt and got lint all in it. Yep...stupid, stupid mistake. I'll obviously be a little more careful from now on. Anyway, I wasn't quite sure how much of the paint I needed to mix so I didn't get finished with all the removeable parts. I still have the seat pans and the baggage floors remaining.