Thursday January 26th, 2006|
Dimples, Prepped/Primed Subpanel Components
Yesterday I worked on the project, but it was more on the financial end of things. I'm getting all my finances in order to purchase the stuff I'm going to need to finish out the airplane. I've pretty much made up my mind on what I want in terms of avionics, and I've decided that I like the Superior parts and I'm thinking of having Bart as Aerosport Power build up my engine. Hmm...many decisions. At any rate, I know about how much it's going to cost me...I just don't like to think about it too much. ;-)
Anyway, today I got out into the garage and prepped,primed and dimpled the subpanel components. Then I riveted on the canopy seal attach angles. I couldn't reach these things with my squeezer (I don't have a longeron yoke) so I riveted them in my c-frame tool. I really enjoy riveting with that thing. It makes it trivial and it's very easy to drive very precise rivets that way. If you don't know what riveting with a c-frame is...you ain't an RV builder. :-)
Here you can see a slightly blurry picture of the canopy seal attach angles riveted into place. The opening on the right is for the canopy release mechanism. I don't think I'm going to install it for a number of reasons. The open holes running down the subpanel is for a hat section that I believe is only necessary if installing the release mechanism so that probably won't be installed either.