Saturday April 1st, 2006|
Finished Drilling Canopy Side Skirts
Today I set out to get the remaining holes in the side skirts drilled. This was an interesting process of putting a few screws in the canopy, clecoing the side skirts on, drilling the open screw holes through the side skirts, removing the side skirts, moving the screws, reclecoing the side skirts, drilling the remaining holes. Yep...pretty tedius...but it's done.
The only unfinished business with the canopy frame is the stiffener kit. The first step is to bend some reinforcement bevels on the lightening holes. I used my edge rolling tool (a set of modified vice grips) and set it so it would clamp down pretty hard. It's a little difficult to do it this way and you need fairly strong hangs, but it can be done.