Thursday September 9th, 2004|
Reprimed Right Main Wing Ribs; Clecoed Right Wing Skeleton
Today, after a long day at work, I mowed the lawn and sprayed some more primer on the right wing ribs. This time they came out much better. The finish is still not as smooth as the left wing ribs, but I suspect that's because of they rough surface from the previous spray job. After priming, I let them dry for a while and then clecoed the right wing together...or at least I thought I was. I ended up almost completely coverying up my etching marks denoting the location of the ribs in the wings, so I spent about 20-30 minutes using deductive reasoning to figure out where the heck they were supposed to go...wasn't that hard.
And yes, I'm still missing the AN3-4 bolt in the tiedown bracket. I've got it on order though...should be here next week.
And, here's another blurry shot just for kicks.
On a tangent: You know, I really thought my floor would stay cleaner longer than this. These chemicals really do a doozy on the floor. I'm always very careful about cleaning up afterwards, usually by bringing the water hose in the garage and spraying out the garage. These chemicals (alodine, primer, alumiprep, etc) are incredibly strong. Oh well, I guess after the plane is done I can always put some more floor epoxy down if I want to.