Thursday January 6th, 2005|
Fixed Leak In Left Tank
Well, it was bound to happen. I had a leak in the left tank. Actually, I had three leaks. Two between the rear baffle and the skin and another on the outboard rib-skin joint where I had removed too much sealant in my feable attempt to get the tank to fit just right.
So today I fixed the tank. There was nothing really noteworthy. The two baffle leaks were in the inboard-most bay so I was able to open up the access cover and go in there. As I mentioned earlier, the third leak was outboard, so I fixed it with a combination of going through the filler hole and applying some on the outside.
Above you'll see the little gadget that Van's will send you in their 'testing' kit. In my opinion, it's well worth the 5 bucks or so that it costs. You can see above that they give you this valve that you use to replace your drain petcock. Then you can use a bicycle pump to gently pressurize the tank. Very cool!