Tuesday February 22nd, 2005|
Dimpled Left Leading Edge Aileron Skin (Properly)
Well, if you see yesterday's entry you'll notice that I had a problem dimpling the leading edge skins. I came up with a solution which is *much* better.
I took the galvanized pipe counterweight and clecoed it to the skin, then pulled the bottom set holder from my c-frame tool (it's made to double as a rivet set), inserted the male die and used my rivet gun to lightly dimple these holes, using the countersunk holes in pipe as female dies. Worked great!!! I then went back to the left skin that I had already dimpled, clecoed into the counterweight and used my flat rivet set to flatten out the skins where I had previously deformed them. Looked a lot better!!!