Saturday March 12th, 2005|
Finished Fuselage Inventory; Finished Flap Prep
First order of business today is to finish inventorying the fuselage kit. I rolled the wings out into the driveway so I can move things around.
Then I finished inventorying the loose parts and subkits. I managed to get everything on my shelves. It may not look like it, but all the subkits are together on the shelves in order to make things easier to find.
Then I made my way through inventorying the huge bag of hardware. I put all the standard AN/MS hardware in these drawers. I was thinking I may have to get another one of these based on what others have said about the amount of hardware in the fuselage kit, but this was fine for me. I ended up leaving some things in the paper bags...things like tip-up hardware, etc.
An no, it isn't an optical illusion, this thing is bowing in the middle.
Toby came out to enjoy the absolutely gorgeous 71 degree day.
Next I moved on to the flaps...doing final prep to get them ready to prime and rivet. First I had to finish deburring/dimpling the right flap ribs...then I had to do the same to all four skins. Here's my setup for deburring/dimpling. You see one of the top skins here (sorry, I don't remember which).
...and here are all the parts ready to be MEK'd and primed. I was quite tired after a full day of this stuff so I went inside to watch of movie with Jaime. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to prime these parts and start riveting together one of the flaps!