Monday March 21st, 2005|
Cut Bellcrank-To-Aileron Pushrods
Today I actually found about an hour of time to go out and start working on the aileron pushrods. First order of business is to cut the tubing down to size. I started with the bellcrank to aileron pushrod...which is fairly heavy steel. My first thought was that I would cut it on my band saw...but that can't be done because the body of the saw prevents you from making a perpindicular cut...so I pulled out the old reliable hacksaw.
Many folks comment on how Van's manages to give you just enough material. Well...here I'm holding all the extra stock they give you for these pushrods. Please ignore the hatchet job on the powder-coat.
And here are the pushrods after I cleaned up the ends.
Then I pulled down the stock for the bellcrank-to-stick pushrods. This stuff is LONG....I'm about 6', so it gives you an idea as to the length.
Anyway...I ran out of time and had to go to orchestra rehearsal yet again...so I wasn't able to cut this one down. I'm going to get a large plumbers tubing cutter to cut this one....it should slice right through the aluminum.