Tuesday September 20th, 2005|
More Seat Back Work
Continuing the seat backs....
I started out measuring by measuring and marking the holes in the seat backs. I pilot drilled the holes and then clamped the two seat backs together and match-drilled the two seat back skins together. I spent nearly an hour studying the plans and measuring out the holes...but transferring the holes was really easy.
Next I clamped and match-drilled the vertical angles to the side of one skin. I found a perfectly flat spot on the floor on which to drill these since I don't want any twist in the seat back.
Here's the angle that runs under the top of the seat back. You can see that I had to radius the vertex of the angle to fit under the bend. This radiusing took quite a while...probably an hour for the first and 20 minutes for the second one.