Tuesday February 7th, 2006|
Still Messin' w/ Canopy Frame
Today I had my EAA 690 BOD meeting, but I did manage to get out to the garage to mess around some more with the canopy frame. I've pretty much decided that this is the worst fitting part of the kit. The canopy skin is actually too long for the weldment. Here you can see how the skin has bunched up a bit. Give this and the other issue I'm having it seems like it would make sense just to make another skin from scratch. Hmm....very tempting, but I know that getting the cut across the front to be straight would be all but impossible.
I did manage to get the left side to lay down a little more. It's still not perfect...but it's getting there.