Tuesday February 28th, 2006|
Drilling Various Canopy Frame Parts
More canopy frame stuff today. I spent quite a while (maybe an hour) just fitting this stuff to make sure that everything was exactly the way I wanted it. I put all the called-for spacers in their appropriate locations. I also checked to make sure the canopy frame side skirts will fit perfectly flush with the side skins then bit my tongue an drilled. No big deal.
Ok, so this picture is out of order. Here you can see the canopy frame (partially drilled) lifted up. Just this little bit is suprisingly heavy. The lift struts that will get added later must be really heavy duty.
Here you see the side splice plate that got drilled. The canopy frame is mostly drilled at this point. I just need to remove the frame from the fuse, drill everything to final size and rivet the frame (minus skin) together.