Thursday March 2nd, 2006|
Started Canopy Plexiglass
Today I started out by riveting the little wedge spacers into place. Sort of hard to see in this picture, but they're there -- trust me. I also spent a little while rolling the canopy frame skin so that it would follow the countour of the frame weldment better. I wish I would have done that to begin with. It clecos better now and with no fuss.
Then I made up these saw horses and Jaime helped me bring the canopy down and we marked a center-line down the canopy using a weight-loss tape measure.
Then we sat the canopy up on the fuselage. Hey...not bad!
And here's some proof that I'm actually the one working on this thing. This is going to require LOTS and LOTS of trimming, fitting, etc.