Saturday October 14th, 2006|
More Spinner Work
Ok, some serious work on the spinner bulkhead. Since I have a C/S prop, the spinner bulkhead gets turned into swiss cheese. This is after I match-drilled the doubler plate to the bulkhead. Then I used a sharpie to mark the inner edge of the doubler plate. The bulkhead gets cut to that shape.
..so here's the spinner plate after about 15 (not exaggerating) dremel cut-off disks.
After filing, deburring, priming and riveting.
Then I installed the aft bulkhead and forward bulkheads on the prop, the installed the prop on the engine again.
Yep..with the prop on here I'm officially out of room. This is getting tight!
Next I started playing around with cardboard cutouts for the spinner dome.