Sunday October 15th, 2006|
Spinner Dome Cutting; Marked Screw Locations
After playing around with the spinner cutouts quite a bit in cardboard, I used some dremel wheels on the dome. I used a sanding drum and sandpaper on the fiberglass. Worked perfectly. This is not the final cutout.
Next I asked Mike about how to change the blade pitch in order to refine the cutouts to the proper sizes. He recommended a setup similar to this. I was a little nervous about this. Boy...those springs in the prop are really strong. Just be sure to disconnect your oil line to make this easier.
Next I spent a little while trying to figure out how I was going to mark the screw locations on the spinner dome. The spinner dome is translucent, so it's very easily to see the attach plates from the outside. I marked the edges of the plate flange. Next I took some blue painter's tape and taped around the forward line. Then I removed the tape and measured and marked the screw locations, then put the tape back on the spinner and transferred the marks on the spinner. It's about as accurate as I'm going to get it. Considering the fact that this thing is going to be spinning rather quickly, I think it's a good idea to get it as close to pefect as possible.