Wednesday November 29th, 2006|
Cowl Edge Sanding
Today I didn't have a long time to work on the project, but I did manage to sand a bit on the cowl. I'm basically trying to get a uniform distance around the edges for paint, then I'll fill the front to level up the material at the inlets.
This picture is a bit washed out, but it basically shows the gap that I'm leaving. Don't want to get too crazy here, but this will be more difficult to sand one the hinges are riveted into place.
And here's the hole I mentioned in an earlier post. I made this snafu when sanding out the cotton filler material that was tucked under there. This is no big deal...I'll probably lay up a couple of layers of BID on the back side then a little cotton flox and then another layer of cloth on the front, then fill and smooth it out.