Monday January 15th, 2007|
Installed new EMS; Aileron Trim Servo
Today I received my new EMS-D10 from Dynon. They sent me a new one after the original one's flash memory decided to get forgetful. Hopefully that will be the end of that saga and this will be the last time I have to install that bloody thing. It's kind of difficult getting the left nuts on the studs because of the rib that's between the units. Not huge deal though.
Next I FINALLY drilled the aileron trim servo to the seat rib. It really wasn't that difficult with a long threaded bit and my angle drill adapter. I have no idea how you're supposed to build an airplane without that thing.
Next I spent quite a while trying to figure out why the @!#$* the servo wasn't working. I had TWO bad crimps on the pins at the relay. Jaime came out and helped me by holding the multimeter probes to the wires as I checked the other ends. Thanks Jaime for the help.