Sunday January 28th, 2007|
Started Installing Rear Window
This morning I finished riveting the center rollbar support channel along with several other places where Burton and I were unable to buck rivets (I put pulled rivets in those places). Then I sanded, and sanded, and sanded on the rear window until I was perfectly satisfied. Then Jaime came out and helped me start putting it in. Unfortunately we ran out of hardware (washers) so we had to stop. I'll place an order and we can finish up. For now I've just started the hardware in the holes then after all is in I'll try to systematically tighten the hardware a little at a time. All of the fastener holes in the plexi are intentionally oversized so I sort of want to get the plexi centered.
Ok, one more photo. This thing is coming out nice...much more nicely than I was thinking it would. Thanks, Jaime for your help!