Wednesday January 31st, 2007|
Left Wingtip Lens Done; Rear Window Final Installed; Hangar
Tonight I cut out the left wingtip lens. I think it came out OK...maybe not quite as good as the right side but certainly OK. I still need to sand down both of them with fine grit to limit the chances of cracking in the future.
I also received my order from Aircraft Spruce which contained some more #6 washers for the the canopy. I screwed it on. I'm a little less than satisfied with the fit here. I'm getting a little bulging between the skins here. This is probably because I didn't press the plexi as tight against the skin as possible when I was drilling it. Oh well...if anyone has any ideas for how to fix this let me know. I think that I may end up just putting a little weather stripping on the skin.
Oh yeah, one more thing -- I HAVE A HANGAR! Steve Ashby (RV-8A builder) called around to some people he knows and hooked me up with a hangar at Winder. The ironic thing is the hangar is owned by the same flight school where I got my private. It's really a small world. Thanks Steve for the big scoop!
I'm still not absolutely certain when the move will be, but the wings will probably be first to go once I finish up the wingtips and wing wiring (which should be finished this weekend). With the wings out of the garage I'll be able to get Jaime's car back inside for the first time in a couple of years.