Friday April 6th, 2007|
New Engine Control Bracket; Baffle Seal Material
I had been considering changing out the engine control bracket for quite some time. I had originally planned to install the Van's alternate air setup but a lot of people have had problems with it cracking. So I decided for now to forgo installing an alternate air setup. When I can come up with a better solution I'll install it. I'm not going to be flying this thing into the soup anytime soon. So without the alternate air location I decided to make a new bracket so I could center the controls. Now the prop knob is perfectly in the center of the instrument panel. One thing that's not very visible here is that I also very consciously rounded the edges of the bracket. In case of a hard landing I don't want the bracket cutting through my leg. I'll probably also add some 'forehead cutter' padding to the bracket to add a little more protection and dress it up a little.
Next I started working earnestly on getting the baffle seal material on. It's a little bit of a mystery if you ask me. It's getting on there though.