Saturday June 23rd, 2007|
More work on the FWF today. I got the mixture cable final installed. It wasn't that easy but I think I got it perfect. I final torqued everything there and marked it up with torque seal.
Jerry Fisher also came over and helped me out for a while. He helped me pull the transducer manifold fro the firewall so we could install the elbow fitting for the fuel pressure tranducer line. We also tooled around on quite a few other little details.
Next came torquing the prop bolts. I used the equation from the hartzell manual to calclate the torque setting with my extension I purchased from Cleaveland. I didn't realize it at the time but the grip on my extension is for a .5 inch driver, whereas my ft-lb torque wrench is a 3/8 inch driver. Hmm...this is how I remedied it. I threw a few washers in there to fill out the space. It worked PERFECTLY. Cool.
Next I tried my hand at safetying the prop bolts. Yeah, this isn't easy. Oh well, I'll get 'er done.
I spent 12+ hours at the airport today. I actually feel like I got a good bit done, I just didn't really get many pictures.
I'm trying to get the engine started on Tuesday evening. We'll see if I make it.