Wednesday July 11th, 2007|
More Wingtip Stuff; N-numbers; Pitot-Static System
Tonight was a fairly busy night at the hangar. First big news is this: I have an inspection date. Yes, I still have a good bit to do, especially on the tail, but I think I'll make it. Next week is actually a busy week for me and I'll have to knock some stuff out to get it all done. Vic Syracuse is doing my inspection. He's a repeat offender RV builder and does fantastic work. I'm not going to put on here *when* the inspection is going to be, but I can already tell you that the first flight will be several days after the inspection.
Ok, back to reality. I started out by finishing up the installation of nutplates in the right wingtip. That took a couple of hours! Geez those things are slow going. Today I also dropped off my data plate at the engravers. They are telling me it should be done next Tuesday.
I also installed the n-numbers on the fuselage. I'm not happy with the way the left side came out, but luckily I screwed up the order and ordered four strips total, so I can re-do it, but I'm not going to worry about it until after the inspection since it's purely an asthetic thing.
And here's the n-number on the right side.
Next I got the pitot-static system pretty much squared away. The only remaining thing to do here is to figure out how I want to run the pitot line along the floor and then run it into the remaining opening on the t-fitting.
Luckily there is an avionics shop that shares my hangar with me and I'll have them do my pitot-static & xpdr check next week.
This is why I really enjoy the access behind the tip-up canopy. It was not difficult at all getting the plastic tubing and fittings in there. If there is ever a leak it will be very easy to fix.