Sunday August 26th, 2007|
This afternoon we finally got some much needed rain. I tell folks that we need rain really bad so I can work on my airplane. I have every intention of doing work (mostly aesthetics, cleaning stuff up, installing fairings, etc) but when I get to the airport and it's sunny outside I just have to pre-flight and go. So anyway...it rained all afternoon today so I decided to finally get the rest of my interior installed. I've been flying with the seats installed, but that's it. So I installed the stick boots and the front and rear carpet. I thought I would have a difficult time getting the velcro on the bottom of the carpet to align with the velcro that you have to stick to the floors. Well, it turns out the entire bottom side of the carpet is the soft velcro-type material...so you can basically put the velcro on the floor anywhere you deem prudent. I had delayed installing carpet because of the first flight oil mess. I would clean up oil and somehow oil would work it's way out of a crevice somewhere. Anyway...it's been quite a few flights now with no hint of oil on the floor so I think I've gotten it all out.
And here's another picture. Not shown very well here is the carpet in the baggage area.
Also, I pulled the cowl to check the engine. I noticed some streaks of oil on the canopy. I've been fighting a very slight oil leak from somewhere...I just couldn't find it. Well, I think I found it tonight. It was the oil filler tube. It was loose. I never touched that thing so I'm guessing Superior just screwed up installing it. The safety wire kept it from coming all the way out, but it was able to rotate enough to let oil out around the o-ring. Problem solved.